Test it the right way!
Each year Motor Magazine selects the Top 20 most innovative new tools in the automotive industry. We are pleased to announce that the 6.0L IPR Air Test Tool was selected to receive this highly coveted award for 2014.
One of the more common issues plaguing 6.0L Powerstroke owners are hard hot-start issues. These issues are almost invariably caused by leakage in the engine's high pressure oil system which operates the fuel injectors. Possible leakage locations include the high pressure oil pump itself, IPR Valve, STC fitting, branch tubes, standpipes, dummy plugs, oil rail ball tube o-rings, injector inlet seals, etc. If the leak or combination of leak sources is bad enough to prevent the system from building the 520 PSI required, the truck will not start under any condition - hot or cold. Locating the exact source of the leak(s) is the challenge.
This tool takes the place of the IPR valve meaning that the system can be completely sealed so that even the smallest leaks can be detected.
- NO Scan tool or IPR driver tool is required - potentially lower tool investment
- Leaks of ANY size can be detected - because the IPR valve is removed from the system the fact that it never closes 100% and thus creates a distracting air noise during testing becomes a non-issue. In fact, it is possible to pressurize a system with shop air, trap the air, and leave it pressurized overnight. We have seen systems that will hold the pressure until morning.
- No vehicle required - engine builders can quickly verify that an engine has no high pressure oil leaks before installing the engine into the vehicle where repairs are much more difficult.
- Allows systems with the latest updated standpipes to be tested.
- Every 6.0L Tech needs this tool! -
ABOUT THE TOOL:
This fitting is made in the USA and and is built to last a lifetime.
- The complete system can be tested in under 20 minutes - in a professional repair facility this tool will pay for itself after one or two repairs.
- To connect, just remove the air cleaner, FICM, and coolant degas bottle (Turbo removal is NOT required). Remove the IPR valve and thread in the tool, hand tightening is sufficient.
- Connect shop air and listen for leaks. If desired a scan tool can be used to monitor air pressure in the system by observing the ICP sensor reading. This is not a required step.
- To prevent costly comebacks we recommend air checking every 6.0L for high pressure oil leaks after any part of the system has been disassembled.
- Our tool has 1/4 inch pipe threads to accept standard air fittings.
- It is strongly advised to avoid cranking the engine with this tool connected. Since the IPR valve is not in place to provide pressure relief, the high pressure oil pump would effectively be dead-headed and pump, system, tool, or personal damage could result.
- Auto repair activities are hazardous. Always wear protective eye-wear. This tool is intended for usage by trained professionals. By using it you are certifying that you have the necessary skills and training to do so safely.
We process your order the day you purchase to make your life easier. Buy your parts knowing it is backed by our J J Hassle Free Guarantee. Use our shipping tracker and locate exactly where your package is on its journey to your doorstep.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Dirt Bike Parts & Gear
Shop thousands of parts from our Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties warehouses. We have warehouses all over the country!